Welcome to Mindvalley
What does Mindvalley do?
Founded in 2003 by Vishen Lakhiani, Mindvalley is a learning experience company that publishes ideas and teachings by the best authors in personal growth, health and fitness, spirituality, productivity, mindfulness and more – serving three million students, subscribers and followers worldwide.
Through their education platforms, online academies, mobile apps and both digital and live events, they give people access to transformational knowledge to empower them to kick start their personal growth and lead extraordinary lives.
Midvalley’s ‘Hall of Awesomeness’.
‘To change education globally and provide innovative, holistic education for all levels – from infant learning and high school models to all stages of adulthood. Their ultimate goal? To launch a school of growth and humanity for a billion people.’
Why Work for Mindvalley?
We asked this question to Lu Xanne from the Culture team. She tells us about the employee benefits, the fun activities, the growth opportunities (Not just in your career, but also in your PERSONAL LIFE!), the culture and the reason she likes working for Mindvalley!
‘We believe that happiness is the new productivity and we help our employees by offering career and life coaching.’
The Weekly Grind
Jason, who is VP of sales, tells us what a standard week looks like at Mindvalley. The fact that he just spent 4 months working from Canada and he talks about a weekly event called ‘The Awesomeness Report’!
‘The best thing? You can work from anywhere you want as long as you spent the time to learn the culture and learn the process.‘
What Do They Look for in Employees?
Mindvalley attracts people from all over the world. At its peak, they had 44 different nationalities working in Kuala Lumpur. So what qualities is Mindvalley looking for when it comes to hiring talent?
Listen to Mindvalley’s CHRO about what it takes to succeed at Mindvalley.
‘I love working for mindvalley because it gives me a chance to slap the face of traditional work environments.‘
Mindvalley’s Office Locations
Mindvalley has its main office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with a small office in Tallinn, Estonia and a customer support team operating from Costa Rica. However, it is possible to work remotely from anywhere on the world.
Menara Uoa Bangsar, 5, Jalan Bangsar Utama 1, Taman Bangsar, 59000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Mindvalley’s office was voted one of Inc Magazine coolest offices in 2012.
– Mindvalley publishes personal growth products so as an employee, you will have full access to all the courses!
– Mindvalley is very open in letting employees switch teams. For instance, it is not uncommon to see someone from customer support switch to a marketing department.
– You have the option to follow the Mindvalley dream program. In this program, you will sit down with the culture team and together you will create a personal goal (for instance you want to learn a new language.) and they will keep you accountable for it and help you reach it!
– The Mindvalley team consists roughly of 50% female and 50% male.
– Mindvalley has been listed as ‘most democratic workplace’ 10 years in a row by WorldBlu.
– Mindvalley has customers and clients mostly in the U.S. and in Europe. Plus they host live events like A-fest, Mindvalley U, and Mindvalley Reunion. Because of this, employees get to travel A LOT!!
Celebrating ‘Estonia day’ at the office.
– Founding year: 2003
– Number of Employees: 100+
– Number of Nationalities: 40+
– Work Options: Full time, Remote
– Company Type: Private
– Industry: Media, Events, Personal Growth